running at the stubaierhof
Runners and Nordic walking enthusiasts will find a whole host of trails in the Stubai Valley. Here at the Stubaierhofwe have our very own qualified coaches who will be happy to show guests not just the right technique but also some of the best sights in the region.
Follow the alpine world
The Stubaital valley is exactly what trailrunners are looking for! Here you'll find a vast area with trails stretching through the massive mountains of the Tyrolean Alps.
Explore smooth grass hills or relentless solid rock challenges including peak experiences and panoramic views. Your adventure starts here, at your hotel room!
Put on your shoes and run off to the fascinating landscapes or enjoy nature on the way.
Tip: A special route takes you from the Stubaierhof to the Innsbruckerhütte. Including an optional "Brettljause" snack and an optional overnight stay in the alpine hut.
STUBAI ULTRATRAIL – URBAN2GLACIER
From Innsbruck city to the Stubaier Glacier in one day – that's the big challenge at the STUBAI ULTRATRAIL – URBAN2GLACIER, the trailrunning highlight in the Stubaital valley.
Get ready for a 63 kilometre course to the "Jochdohle" (3.150 metres altitude) and into the glacier ice. 5.075 metres in altitude lie between the start and the finish line on the classic ultratrail route. Even skilled trailrunners are in for a real adventure! The distances:
- Stubai Ultratrail: 63 km & 5.075 hm
- Stubai Basictrail: 29 km & 2.528 hm
- Stubai Gletschertrail: 8 km & 1.394 hm
Usually the Stubai Ultratrail takes place in the summer months (June/July). Find more information and the registration here.
run the Stubai valley
the best running routes around the Stubaierhof
Running is one of the best ways to experience the stunning landscape of the Stubai Valley.
At the Run & Walk Park running enthusiasts will find 10 running trails, eight starting points and more than 80 km of routes. The park also features a Health Trail and Nordic walking routes.
We have put together three of the most beautiful runs near the Stubaierhof:
- Long run – Stubai Line: This 18 km run starts opposite the hotel and leads to the bottom lift station of the Schlick ski resort or to the village of Krößbach. It is perfect for training and offers excellent views as well as some fine running next to forests, lakes and streams.
- Intermediate run – Panorama Höhenlauf: This run of medium distance is nevertheless challenging as it climbs the slopes around the Elfer mountain. Views of the remote Pinnistal Valley and the mighty Habicht mountain are among the highlights. The perfect training run for ambitious athletes.
- Short run – Moos-Runde: Flat 3.2 km run starting opposte the Stubaierhof and leading as far as Ausserrain. Ideal for beginners and those short on time.
Our Five Fingers walks
Ever heard of a Five Fingers walk?
No? Then it is time to find out more! Five Fingers are shoes with very thin soles which enable walkers to feel the ground beneath their feet. Indeed, in many ways it is like walking barefoot.
Give it a go!
Step by Step
No Nordic walking equipment? No problem! We will be happy to lend you the equipment you need for the duration of your stay.
We also offer tours with nordic walking guides, who'll show you the alpine area around our hotel. Just contact us before your arrival or ask at the reception for details.