There are few places anywhere in Tirol which offer the same huge range of rock climbing routes and via ferrata as Neustift in the Stubai Valley. With its 15 via ferrata, 10 rock climbing areas and two high-rope adventure parks this small town surrounded on all sides by mighty mountains is considered a trueparadise for climbing enthusiasts. The four-star Stubaierhof is the ideal basecamp for outdoor enthusiasts in search of the ultimate adrenaline kick!
We have a wide selection of mountainsports equipment available for hire.
- 15 via ferrata
- 10 rock climbing areas
- 2 high-rope adventure parks
- Alpin-Erlebnispark Kreuzjoch/Schlick 2000
- Adventure park & indoor climbing centre in Fulpmes
- NEW outdoor gym "Gamssteigl" with boulder area
- Ice climbing on the Stubai Glacier
Ice climbing at Stubai Glacier
Winter time is climbing time!
Even during the winter months there are plenty of rock climbing routes near our hotel in Neustift.
Fans of ice climbing should head for the Stubai Glacier!
neustift: Eldorado for rock climbers
top climbing tips for the Stubai valley
Easy, intermediate or difficult? Whatever your fitness, skill and ability level, there are plenty of fabulous via ferrata and rock climbing routes in the Stubai Valley. We have put together a list with some of our favourites:
- Klettersteig Ilmspitze: This via ferrata, rated C/D (intermediate/difficult), is situated just a few hundred metres from the Innsbrucker Hütte hut at the end of the Pinnistal Valley. It leads up to the top of the craggy Ilmspitze mountain overlooking the valley floor. The climb takes around four hours in total and offers stunning views from the top.
- Klettersteig Steingrubenkogel: This via ferrata leads along the south-western ridge of the mountain to the summit. It is rated A-C and can be reached from the Schlickeralm hut via the Alpenklubscharte zu ridge.
Hotel's own climbing wall
Before you go into the mountains, you can test yourself in our "Gamssteigl" exercise course on the climbing wall and prepare yourself for the rock walls.
Overnight stay at the Innsbrucker Hütte hut
Directly next to the Innsbrucker Hütte hut there is an easy via ferrata for beginners and a rock climbing area as well as the challenging via ferrata leading up onto the Ilmspitze high above the valley.
Our family has owned the Innsbrucker Hütte hut for many decades. Guests staying with us at the Stubaierhof can spend one night at this authentic alpine hut high in the Stubai Alps free of charge.
At the Stubaierhof we are passionate about the region we are proud to call home.
Our motto is "Hurra, die Gams!", an expression used in this part of Austria to signal joy and a love of life. We think it perfectly reflects the values and philosophy we live every day, because:
- we love the mountains,
- we appreciate our nature,
- we are down to earth.
Just like the "Gams", which is the German word for "mountain goat", we feel at home in the Alps - whatever the weather, whatever the season - and are always keen to learn more about this region and share our passion with guests at the Stubaierhof.
"Hurra, die Gams!" – Come and discover the Stubai Valley with us!
Dear guests of the Stubaierhof!
Due to current measures the Stubaierhof is closed temporarily.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon, and until then your diligent hosts are working hard to implement new ideas and prepare everything for a great holiday at the Stubaierhof.
We are of course always available for questions, please don't hesitate to contact us! For now, we wish you all the best!
Hurra die Gams!