Adrenaline-pumping singletrack or easy forest cruising?
Whatever kind of mountainbiking you are into, an outdoor holiday in the Stubai Valley, the best mountainbiking area in Tyrol, promises plenty of action and adventure for riders of all abilities and fitness levels.
The valley is home to 720 kilometres of signposted MTB routes leading over steep mountains, through lush meadows and past enchanging lakes.
This mixtue of easy rides with little climbing and tough trails with banked corners and obstacles draws bike fans back to the Stubaierhof year after year.
We are keen mountainbikers ourselves and know the valley inside out, so don't hesitate to ask us about some of our favourite rides in the region.
Bike shop just next door
Forgotten your bike at home or want to hire one during your time at the Stubaierhof?
Our partner Sport Stubaistocks a wide range of mountainbikes and e-bikes. The hire shop is just around the corner from the Stubaierhof.
tips on the best mtb rides
With so many mountainbike rides to choose from, it is hard to know where to start. Here we present two of the most popular rides near the Stubaierhof.
- Elfer-Autenalm-Klamperbergalm: This 17 km ride of intermediate difficulty starts at the Freizeitzentrum in Neustift and leads towards the top of the Elferbahn cable car. After a left turn it continues along trail 574 to the Autenalm and the Klamperbergalm.
- Krößbach-Bichlhof-Milders: Easy ride for beginners. The ride starts in Krößbach and leads along good forest roads towards the Milderaunalm. After two corners it descends back down to the Brandstattalm/ Auffangalm. The ride is 8 km long and has 445 vertical metres of climbing.
Electrifying mountainbike experiences
E-Bike rides around Neustift
Want to take it easy but still head for the hills? If so, then electric bikes (e-bikes) are the answer!
Our partner Sport Stubai has a range of electric mountain bikes available for hire.
The electric motors built into these normal mountain bikes give everyone the chance to explore the high mountains without .working up too much of a sweat.
By the way, throughout the Stubai Valley and directly in front of our hotel there are charging stations for e-bikes where you can recharge your bike's battery when it starts to run low.
- Milders-Oberissalm: Long but beautiful ride into the Oberbergtal Valley
- Stubai Valley ride: From Neustift via Neder to the Doadler Alm hut at the end of the Stubai Valley and then back along the other side of the valley.
- E-bike charging station in front of our hotel
Only the best for bike guests
Mountainbikes, especially electric-powered ones, are expensive pieces of equipment. That is why we offer guests use of our lockable storage room on the ground floor keep their bikes safe during their stay.
And if your battery is running low, simply charge it at our very own state-of-the-art charging station. Don't hesitate to ask for advice on the best rides in the region.
At the Stubaierhof we are passionate about the region we are proud to call home.
Our motto is "Hurra, die Gams!", an expression used in this part of Austria to signal joy and a love of life. We think it perfectly reflects the values and philosophy we live every day, because:
- we love the mountains,
- we appreciate our nature,
- we are down to earth.
Just like the "Gams", which is the German word for "mountain goat", we feel at home in the Alps - whatever the weather, whatever the season - and are always keen to learn more about this region and share our passion with guests at the Stubaierhof.
"Hurra, die Gams!" – Come and discover the Stubai Valley with us!
Dear guests of the Stubaierhof!
Due to current measures the Stubaierhof is closed temporarily.
However, if all goes as planned we will be able to welcome you again on 7 January. Until then your diligent hosts are working hard to implement new ideas and prepare everything for a great winter holiday at the Stubaierhof.
We are of course always available for questions and look forward to hearing from you! Until then, we wish you all the best!
Hurra die Gams!