Adrenaline-pumping singletrack or easy forest cruising?
Whatever kind of mountainbiking you are into, an outdoor holiday in the Stubai Valley, the best mountainbiking area in Tyrol, promises plenty of action and adventure for riders of all abilities and fitness levels.
The valley is home to 720 kilometres of signposted MTB routes leading over steep mountains, through lush meadows and past enchanging lakes.
This mixtue of easy rides with little climbing and tough trails with banked corners and obstacles draws bike fans back to the Stubaierhof year after year.
We are keen mountainbikers ourselves and know the valley inside out, so don't hesitate to ask us about some of our favourite rides in the region.
Bike shop just next door
Forgotten your bike at home or want to hire one during your time at the Stubaierhof?
Our partner Sport Stubaistocks a wide range of mountainbikes and e-bikes. The hire shop is just around the corner from the Stubaierhof.
tips on the best mtb rides
With so many mountainbike rides to choose from, it is hard to know where to start. Here we present two of the most popular rides near the Stubaierhof.
- Elfer-Autenalm-Klamperbergalm: This 17 km ride of intermediate difficulty starts at the Freizeitzentrum in Neustift and leads towards the top of the Elferbahn cable car. After a left turn it continues along trail 574 to the Autenalm and the Klamperbergalm.
- Krößbach-Bichlhof-Milders: Easy ride for beginners. The ride starts in Krößbach and leads along good forest roads towards the Milderaunalm. After two corners it descends back down to the Brandstattalm/ Auffangalm. The ride is 8 km long and has 445 vertical metres of climbing.
ENDURO riding on your doorstep
Packed full of jumps, berms and plenty of other adrenaline-pumping features, the ZweiZweier Trail is not for the faint-hearted. It merges with the EinsEinser Trail at 1,240 metres above sea level, offering even more flow and a slightly easier riding experience than the EinsEinser. Like the EinsEinser it is rated intermediate (S2), but there are fewer root sections and therefore more opportunities to pick up speed.
- Total length: around 3.5 kilometres
- Vertical drop: 540 vertical metres
- Difficulty rating: intermediate (S2)
- Free bikewash at the bottom of the cable car
- Free bike transport on the outside of the cable car