Adrenaline-pumping singletrack or easy forest cruising?
Whatever kind of mountainbiking you are into, an outdoor holiday in the Stubai Valley, the best mountainbiking area in Tyrol, promises plenty of action and adventure for riders of all abilities and fitness levels.
The valley is home to 720 kilometres of signposted MTB routes leading over steep mountains, through lush meadows and past enchanging lakes.
This mixtue of easy rides with little climbing and tough trails with banked corners and obstacles draws bike fans back to the Stubaierhofyear after year.
We are keen mountainbikers ourselves and know the valley inside out, so don't hesitate to ask us about some of our favourite rides in the region.
Bike shop just next door
Forgotten your bike at home or want to hire one during your time at the Stubaierhof?
Our partner Sport Stubaistocks a wide range of mountainbikes and e-bikes. The hire shop is just around the corner from the Stubaierhof.
tips on the best mtb rides
With so many mountainbike rides to choose from, it is hard to know where to start. Here we present two of the most popular rides near the Stubaierhof.
- Elfer-Autenalm-Klamperbergalm: This 17 km ride of intermediate difficulty starts at the Freizeitzentrum in Neustift and leads towards the top of the Elferbahn cable car. After a left turn it continues along trail 574 to the Autenalm and the Klamperbergalm.
- Krößbach-Bichlhof-Milders: Easy ride for beginners. The ride starts in Krößbach and leads along good forest roads towards the Milderaunalm. After two corners it descends back down to the Brandstattalm/ Auffangalm. The ride is 8 km long and has 445 vertical metres of climbing.
ENDURO riding on your doorstep
Packed full of jumps, berms and plenty of other adrenaline-pumping features, the ZweiZweier Trail is not for the faint-hearted. It merges with the EinsEinser Trail at 1,240 metres above sea level, offering even more flow and a slightly easier riding experience than the EinsEinser. Like the EinsEinser it is rated intermediate (S2), but there are fewer root sections and therefore more opportunities to pick up speed.
- Total length: around 3.5 kilometres
- Vertical drop: 540 vertical metres
- Difficulty rating: intermediate (S2)
- Free bikewash at the bottom of the cable car
- Free bike transport on the outside of the cable car
Innsbruck hosts the only European stop of the Crankworx World Tour, the world's number one gravity mountain biking festival bringing together the international elite in downhill and freestyle riding. All the events take place at the Bikepark Innsbruck in the village of Mutters just 8 kilometres west of Innsbruck itself.
MTB expertise at the stubaierhof
Many of the best trails in the Stubai Valley lead past our front door. We have a lockable storage room where you can keep your precious bike throughout your stay.
If you have any questions on the best riding in the region please talk to Christoph, our local expert, who will be happy to give you tips on the right trails for you. Some of the most popular include:
Electrifying mountainbike experiences
E-Bike rides around Neustift
Want to take it easy but still head for the hills? If so, then electric bikes (e-bikes) are the answer!
Our partner Sport Stubai has a range of electric mountain bikes available for hire.
The electric motors built into these normal mountain bikes give everyone the chance to explore the high mountains without .working up too much of a sweat.
By the way, throughout the Stubai Valley and directly in front of our hotel there are charging stations for e-bikes where you can recharge your bike's battery when it starts to run low.
- Milders-Oberissalm: Long but beautiful ride into the Oberbergtal Valley
- Stubai Valley ride: From Neustift via Neder to the Doadler Alm hut at the end of the Stubai Valley and then back along the other side of the valley.
- E-bike charging station in front of our hotel
Only the best for bike guests
Mountainbikes, especially electric-powered ones, are expensive pieces of equipment. That is why we offer guests use of our lockable storage room on the ground floor keep their bikes safe during their stay.
And if your battery is running low, simply charge it at our very own state-of-the-art charging station. Don't hesitate to ask for advice on the best rides in the region.