Your sustainable hotel in Austria
Step by step towards sustainability
Organic, nature, environment, regional focus, sustainability, CO2 neutrality & energy saving?It's something everyone talks about & advertises, but exactly what is actually behind it often remains unclear. Yes, in the current situation it is tempting to attach these concepts to one's own banner with a bit of actionism.
One thing is very clear - We care deeply about an honest approach to nature. On the other hand, we don't want to present the Stubaierhof any greener than it actually is. As a hotel that has grown over decades, we are taking on the challenge of developing our business sustainably and responsibly and leading it into a better future. Not only we and our team, but also our Stubaierhof guests actively contribute to this. Many things do not happen overnight, but step by step and decision by decision.
A sustainable approach to the future
The next generation thinks ahead
A new generation is waiting in the wings, one that is already aware of the state of the environment at a young age. Finding sustainable ways of living and managing their own land and living in harmony with nature is much more a part of their identity & self-image compared to their parents & grandparents.
A prime example is our own Tobias, who launched his local delivery service BOYZ with great dedication! With his bike, he delivers organic eggs from his own chicken farm to neighbours and friends. Local products and green transport routes throughout Austria's mountains - a beautiful sustainable concept!
It is necessary to break old thought structures & habits and to think tourism in a new & sustainable way. Austria's beautiful environment in winter as well as in summer is not something Mother Nature takes for granted. On the contrary, it is our great responsibility, which we want to convey to the guests of our region in a new way and with a fresh view.
Focus on regional products
Our naturally local cuisine
For our hotel's cuisine, we only use products of the highest quality from our trademark chamois' habitat. In doing so, we consciously avoid convenience foods and ready-made products, artificial flavour enhancers and ingredients that are not in season and apply this approach consistently at the Stubaierhof, from breakfast to dinner, in winter and in summer.
At times, this can be really limiting!It is just as impossible to find "fresh" winter strawberries for breakfast as it is to find mass-produced meat, eggs from battery farms & canned tuna. But it is also immensely liberating! Since we know where our food comes from, we have a clear conscience together with our guests and at the same time we are able to bring added value from the hotel directly to the region.
- Carefully selected food of the finest quality
- Focus on organic products from the Tyrol region
- Cooking with fresh organic spices from our mountain herb garden
- Attention to the shortest possible transport routes to the hotel
- NO milk or yoghurts from animal factories
- NO cheaply produced, pre-baked bread doughs
- NO unripe exotic fruits
- NO seafood from overfished oceans
Energy, Water & Waste
- Our hotel is heated with district heating (wood chips)
- As a back-up, we use natural geothermal energy
- We use 100% green electricity from the hydroelectric power plants in Tyrol
- Our shuttle service includes e-cars
- We offer on-site e-charging stations for customers with e-cars
- We avoid small packaged cosmetics as well as individually packaged foods at the buffet
- Towel and bed linen change if required
- our guests bring their own favourite flip-flops and dispense with disposable bathing slippers
- We support the use of public transport directly from the hotel
We will be happy to advise you individually & personally on ways to save energy already on your journey to Austria. With this in mind, we have put together our sustainable eco package!
Regional Focus, Purchasing & Mobility
- We rely on short transport routes and our network of dealers/partners from the region.
- With our naturally local cuisine we pursue an ambitious concept: All food comes from the natural habitat of the chamois.
- For the sake of the environment, our guests use public transport directly from the hotel whenever possible.
Host & guest with the goal of sustainability
As innovative hosts, we are open-minded and go ahead when it comes to the development of sustainable hotel business and tourism. Together, day after day, generation after generation.
But as guests of the hotel, you are an equally important part of this journey. A holiday in Austria should not only include a cosy room, a nice wellness and spa area, nice hikes, ski days and evenings at the bar. It can be much more: In the best case, your holiday in Austria and our offer work together for a future worth living, not only for the country of Austria, but for the entire world.
What the future will soon bring...
- Sowing our own bee meadow in the hotel garden
- Installation of an insect hotel
- Switching to environmentally friendly printing wherever possible
- Increased use of biological cleaning agents
- Construction of our own solar power plant
- and a lot more!