There are few experiences as magical as watching the sun rise over the mountains, followed by a hearty breakfast in an alpine hut. Guests staying at the Stubaierhof can make this dream come true with an overnight stay at the Innsbrucker Hütte hut high in the Stubai Alps.
Located at 2,369 metres above sea level, at the foot of the mighty Habicht mountain, the Innsbrucker Hütte hut has been run by our family for more than 70 years.
Guests staying at the Stubaierhof down on the valley floor can benefit from this experience in several ways. We know the local mountains inside out and will be happy to help you plan walks and hikes to the best places in the valley.
We also invite our guests to spend a night free of charge at the Innsbrucker Hütte hut during their stay with us.
- More than 70 years experience running the hut
- Hut located next to mighty Habicht mountain at 2,369 metres above sea level
- Open from mid-June until early October
- Many hiking trails and via ferrata climbing routes near the hut
- Free overnight stay for Stubaierhof guests
Head for the hut!
An overnight stay at the Innsbrucker Hütte hut is a unique experience that is totally free of charge for guests staying at the Stubaierhof.
Please speak to a member of staff at the hotel. We will be happy to check availability and let you know when you can swap hotel for hut!
hut in the Stubai valley
plenty to see, do and discover
Hiking, climbing or trailrunning? Open from mid-June until early October, the Innsbrucker Hütte high in the Stubai Alps is the perfect basecamp for exploring the stunning alpine surroundings. We have put together some tips on the best things to see and do here at 2,369 metres.
- Habicht hike: The hike from the Innsbrucker Hütte hut up to the top of the mighty Habicht includes a challenging steep section. The view from the top of the mountain at over 3,000 metres is breathtaking.
- Via ferrata: The "Klettersteig Ilmspitze" is a fixed-rope via ferrata climbing route graded C/D. it takes around four hours and leads high up into the craggy rocks next to the Innsbrucker Hütte. The view from the top of the Ilmspitze mountain is sensational.
- Easy walk: Families and those who like to take it easy will enjoy this walk from the Innsbrucker Hütte hut to the Große Kalkwand or the Kleine Kalkwand,.
We know the area around the Innsbrucker Hütte like few others. Don't hesitate to ask for advice on the best hikes and walks in the region.